Considerations For Selling Your Commercial Property
Income Tax Ramifications:
- Do you need to consider a 1031 Exchange or an owner carry?
- Talk to your CPA before listing your property.
Get All Financial Documents in Order
- Rent Roll
- Copies of Leases
- Operating Statements for at least a year
- Appraisals, environmental reports, soil reports, surveys and building plans, etc.
- Copies of maintenance contracts
- Mortgage Information
- Copy of title policy and deed
Do You Have the Right Professionals?
- Consider using an experienced and well connected real estate broker
- Real Estate Attorney
- Title Company
How Will Your Property Show to Potential Buyers?
- A clean and uncluttered property has a better chance of impressing a buyer.